The US Africa Command said on Monday that it had carried out additional airstrikes against ISIS in northeastern Nigeria on Sunday in coordination with the Nigerian government.No US or Nigerian forces were harmed during the strikes, AFRICOM said.For all the latest headlines, follow our Google News channel online or via the app.On Saturday, the US and Nigerian forces conducted an operation that killed Abu-Bilal al-Minuki, the second in command of ISIS globally, in the northeast of the African country, US President Donald Trump and his counterpart in Nigeria, Bola Ahmed Tinubu, said.Tinubu said Nigerian forces worked closely with the US military in what he called a daring joint operation that dealt a heavy blow to the ranks of ISIS.Trump, who has previously accused Nigeria of failing to protect Christians from extremist militants, thanked the Nigerian government for its partnership in the operation.Borno has endured an insurgency waged by Boko Haram and its splinter group ISIS West Africa Province for 17 years which has killed thousands and displaced 2 million people.Read more: ISIS second-in-command killed by US and Nigerian forces, presidents say
US Africa Command conducts additional strikes against ISIS in Nigeria
The US Africa Command said on Monday that it had carried out additional airstrikes against ISIS in northeastern Nigeria on Sunday in coordination with the













