According to the commission, members of the El-Rufai family were fully aware of the protocol and had been granted access to the former governor several times on the same day the allegation was made.
The Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) has denied allegations that it barred family members and medical personnel from accessing former Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, insisting that his wife arrived at the commission’s facility about 30 minutes after the official visiting hours had ended.
In a statement issued on Monday by the ICPC’s Deputy Director and Head of Media and Public Communications, Okor Odey, the anti-graft agency said its access control policy, which allows visitors between 9:00am and 6:30pm, predates the current ICPC leadership and applies to all detainees and suspects in custody.
According to the commission, members of the El-Rufai family were fully aware of the protocol and had been granted access to the former governor several times on the same day the allegation was made.
“The families of all defendants and suspects in ICPC custody know of the rule, including the El-Rufai family,” the statement said.













