Gauteng MEC for Economic Development Vuyiswa Ramokgopa said the report directly implicated Mbele in several serious governance failures.
Gauteng MEC for Economic Development, Vuyiswa Ramokgopa has dismissed Gauteng Gambling Board CEO, Dr Karabo Mbele, with immediate effect after a forensic investigation uncovered serious allegations of financial misconduct, procurement irregularities and governance failures at the entity.
Speaking at a media briefing on Monday, Ramokgopa said the findings of an independent forensic report painted a deeply troubling picture of institutional collapse within the Gauteng Gambling Board.
The report, compiled by an independent legal team led by Advocate William Mokhare SC, was commissioned in 2025 by former MEC Lebogang Maile and completed in January this year.
Ramokgopa said since taking office six weeks ago, she had been inundated with whistleblower complaints detailing alleged misconduct and maladministration at the gambling regulator.










