KYIV, Ukraine (AP) — Russia targeted eight regions of Ukraine in its latest nighttime drone and missile barrage, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy said Monday, with local authorities reporting that the strikes wounded more than two dozen civilians, including three children.Russian forces fired 524 attack drones and 22 ballistic and cruise missiles, Zelenskyy said. Dnipro and the surrounding central region of Ukraine bore the brunt of the attack, officials said.The barrage continued a recent spiral of long-range strikes that have grown in scale following a May 9-11 ceasefire that U.S. President Donald Trump said he asked Zelenskyy and Russian President Vladimir Putin to observe but which had little impact. There is no sign a peace deal is taking shape despite U.S. diplomatic efforts to end Russia’s invasion.Russia hammered Ukraine over several days last week, flattening a Kyiv apartment building where 24 people died.
One of Ukraine’s largest drone strikes on Russia killed at least four people, including three near Moscow, and wounded a dozen others, authorities said Sunday.In more than four years of war, Ukraine has built up its own long-range capabilities. It has been hitting oil facilities that are one of the Russian economy’s mainstays as well as other targets deep inside Russia, making the Russian public take notice. That has increased the pressure on Putin, whose army is struggling to make progress on the battlefield and who claimed earlier this month that the war is approaching its end.













