Austin Multiple Shootings Update: The Austin Police Department announced late Sunday (May 17, 2026) that a third suspect, tied to a dozen shootings across Austin over the weekend, has been taken into custody. With this latest arrest, authorities confirmed all three suspects are now in custody following the violence across the city, which left four people injured. "The third suspect has been taken into custody ‌by Manor ⁠PD," police said, responding to its previous update.— i (@i) Earlier, Austin Police Chief Lisa Davis, in a press conference, said that two suspects, a 15-year-old male and a 17-year-old male, were in custody after 12 incidents where shots were fired in south and east Austin on ⁠Saturday and ‌early on Sunday.After the arrest of two teenage suspects, which took place earlier, authorities lifted a shelter‑in‑place order that had been issued for the South Austin area. Four people were hit, with one person suffering serious injuries and three sustaining ⁠minor injuries, Davis said.The 15-year-old stole a gun from a store on Saturday, Davis said, news agency Reuters reported. The 17-year-old had an outstanding warrant on a charge of theft of a gun from the same store, she said. The suspects stole more than four vehicles as they moved through Austin, the ‌chief said. Citing the Travis County Sheriff's Office, Davis said that a third young Hispanic male ran from the car when ⁠the two juveniles were apprehended.Davis said the motives were unknown for the shootings, which are still under investigation. Two of the incidents involved shooting into separate fire stations, with a truck hitting at one, according to Davis. Other shootings targeted residential buildings, she said.ALSO READ: Employee tried to leave professionally, gave two weeks’ notice, then HR fired him abruptly, calling it ‘common practice’; ‘Protect yourself,’ career coach warns corporate workers