Hamas spokesperson Hazem Qassem said the movement’s position had been clear from the start that it “does not want to be part of the arrangements for the day after the aggression on the Gaza Strip ends”, adding that this later developed into an agreement to form a national committee to administer the territory.
In a press statement on Wednesday, Qassem said Hamas had called for pressure on Israel to allow the rapid entry of the national committee into Gaza. He said the movement had “taken all the necessary field, political and legal steps to transfer all governance responsibilities to the national committee in the Strip, including the security sphere”.
Qassem also criticised comments by former UN envoy Nikolay Mladenov regarding violations of the ceasefire agreement, saying that speaking about breaches “in general terms contradicts the reality and the facts”.
READ: Hamas decries Israeli law allowing execution of its detainees as ‘new crime’
He said Israel had violated the agreement by killing more than 850 people, restricting the entry of aid, and continuously moving the “yellow line” westwards.









