GENEVA, May 7. /TASS/. The Executive Board of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) has recommended to lift all previously imposed restrictions against athletes from Belarus, both in individual and team competitions, the IOC press office said in a statement on Thursday.
"The International Olympic Committee (IOC) Executive Board (EB) no longer recommends any restrictions on the participation of Belarusian athletes, including teams, in competitions governed by International Federations (IFs) and international sports event organizers," the statement reads.
"The IOC EB today lifted the recommended conditions of participation for International Federations and international sports event organizers of February 28, 2022 and March 28, 2023 as they relate to Belarus and Belarusian athletes, including the protective measures," according to the IOC.
The statement also said that: "The situation relating to the Russian Olympic Committee (ROC) is different from that relating to the National Olympic Committee (NOC) of Belarus."
"The NOC of Belarus is in good standing and complies with the Olympic Charter. Whilst the ROC has held constructive exchanges with the IOC on its suspension, it remains suspended while the IOC Legal Affairs Commission continues to review the matter," the statement said.









