The United Nations said Tuesday that Israeli attacks and security incidents in the Gaza Strip have surged over the past week despite a cease-fire, with humanitarian facilities repeatedly coming under fire.

Citing the Office of the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA), U.N. spokesperson Stephane Dujarric said during a news conference that "last week saw one of the highest numbers of security incidents since the cease-fire was declared in October of last year."

"Humanitarian facilities came under fire in two separate incidents," he said, adding that "an airstrike also struck near a U.N. warehouse, and relief vehicles were damaged by stone throwing."

Dujarric urged all parties to "fulfill their obligations to facilitate, not obstruct humanitarian operations," stressing that "Civilians and civilian infrastructure must always be protected."

He also warned that Israeli "restrictions on the entry of engine oil, spare parts, rubble removal machinery and other essential items into Gaza are severely hindering the delivery of some of the most critical services for the population."