U.S. Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth said Thursday that Washington’s objectives in the war against Iran remain unchanged since strikes began on Feb. 28 and declined to set any timeline for ending the conflict.
The United States has carried out strikes against 7,000 targets inside Iran so far, and hit more than 40 Iranian mine-laying vessels and 11 submarines, according to the Pentagon.
"Our objectives, given directly from our America-first president, remain exactly what they were on day one," Hegseth told reporters.
"These are not the media's objectives, not Iran's objectives, not new objectives. Our objectives - unchanged, on target and on plan," Hegseth added. He spent several minutes in his opening statement criticizing the press.
Hegseth told reporters that the objectives remained to destroy Iran's missile launchers, as well as its defense industrial base and navy and to never allow Iran to get a nuclear weapon.







