The Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) said Sunday it had launched missile and drone strikes on three U.S. air bases in the region, according to Iran’s semi-official Fars News Agency.
A statement reported by Fars indicated that the IRGC said it targeted a "gathering center of U.S. forces” at al-Harir air base in Irbil, and the Ali al Salem and Arifjan bases were destroyed using "powerful Iranian missiles and drones."
The statement said the attacks were part of the 52nd wave of "Operation True Promise 4," which it described as retaliation for the killing of workers in Iranian industrial zones.
The statement said the IRGC threatened Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, saying that if he is "still alive, we will continue pursuing and killing him with full force."
Earlier, the Israeli prime minister’s office told Anadolu Agency (AA) that social media claims suggesting he had been assassinated in an Iranian response to U.S. and Israeli strikes were "fake news,” and that the prime minister was "fine."











