The Vigilance and Anti-Corruption Bureau (VACB) probing the alleged misappropriation of gold and money in connection with the installation of a new temple flag mast at the Sabarimala temple in 2017, has recorded the statements of film stars Mohanlal and Dileep, officials said on Friday (February 27, 2026).

Both actors were among 27 people who donated gold and money for the temple flag mast. VACB sources said Mr. Mohanlal and Mr. Dileep gave their statements recently.

VACB records Union Minister Suresh Gopi’s statement in Sabarimala flagmast installation case

Mr. Mohanlal’s statement was recorded when the actor was in Thiruvananthapuram, a VACB official said. Mr. Dileep’s statement was recorded in Kochi, the official added.

The VACB has so far has recorded the statements of 22 people who donated gold and money for the flag post.