The Federal Officers Who Killed Alex Pretti Have Been Placed On LeaveThe Department of Homeland Security said Wednesday that the federal officers who shot and killed ICU nurse Alex Pretti on Saturday have been placed on leave.“The two officers involved are on administrative leave,” a spokesperson said in a statement. “This is standard protocol.”Hinting at an agency in disarray, the statement is the exact opposite of what Border Patrol chief Gregory Bovino told the media Sunday, when he claimed they were still working — but had been reassigned to a different location for their own safety.“All agents that were involved in that scene are working, not in Minneapolis, but in other locations,” Bovino told reporters. “That’s for their safety. There’s this thing called doxing. And the safety of our employees is very important to us. So we’re going to keep those employees safe.”The unidentified agents appeared to fire 10 bullets at Pretti, at close range. While the DHS claimed that Pretti had "approached US Border Patrol officers with a 9 mm semi-automatic handgun," the claim was disproven both by multiple videos, and CBP's own preliminary report.See All UpdatesClose