The Israeli military began large-scale demolitions of scores of houses in the occupied West Bank on Wednesday, displacing around 100 Palestinian families.

At least 25 buildings are being demolished in the Nur Shams refugee camp in Tulkarm, destroying about 100 flats and displacing 400 residents.

Israeli troops had already expelled families from the targeted buildings at the start of a major military assault on the northern West Bank earlier this year.

Yasser al-Sayes, one of those displaced, told Middle East Eye he remains without a home nearly a year later, watching Israeli bulldozers demolish his building remotely.

Sixteen people, most of them children, lived in the building, he said, and were forced out under military pressure at the beginning of the incursion.