Hamas’s senior negotiator Khalil al-Hayya said Tuesday during indirect talks with Israel in Egypt that the group seeks assurances from U.S. President Donald Trump and other mediating countries that the war will be brought to a definitive end.
"We do not trust the occupation, not even for a second," he told Egyptian state-linked media Al-Qahera News, referring to Israel.
"The Israeli occupation throughout history does not keep its promises, and we have experienced it twice in this war. Therefore, we want real guarantees," he continued, criticizing Israel for violating two cease-fires in the current war.
The second day of indirect negotiations at the Red Sea resort of Sharm el-Sheikh is focused on a plan proposed by Trump last week that aims to bring about an end to the war.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who is accused of committing genocide in Gaza, has said the war will only end when all the hostages are returned and Hamas has been disarmed.











