U.S. President Donald Trump on Sunday praised the 20-point Gaza ceasefire proposal he introduced earlier this week, calling it a “great deal,” and said that discussions to finalize a truce and secure the release of hostages are “progressing very well.”
"It's a great deal for Israel, and it's a great deal for everybody, and you want to get hostages back," Trump told reporters outside the White House. "It's a great deal for the entire Arab world, Muslim world, and world. So we're very happy about."
"They're in negotiation right now as we speak. They've started the negotiation, it'll last a couple of days, we'll see how it turns out, but I'm hearing, it's going very well," he said.
Asked if he was open to flexibility on his proposal, Trump said: "We don't need flexibility because everyone's pretty much agreed to it, but there will always be changes."
Trump unveiled his plan on Sept. 29, which calls for the release of Israeli captives, a cease-fire in Gaza, the disarmament of Hamas and rebuilding of Gaza. Hamas agreed to the plan in principle on Friday, and further negotiations were due in Egypt.














