ISLAMABAD: Pakistan’s foreign minister, Ishaq Dar, said on Friday that United States President Donald Trump’s 20-point Gaza peace plan was not in line with a draft proposed by a group of Muslim countries.
Trump presented the peace plan for Gaza and the Middle East during his meeting with leaders of Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Indonesia, Turkiye, Qatar, Egypt and Jordan last month on the sidelines of the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) session.
The meeting came in the backdrop of Israel’s ramping up of its military operations in Gaza, where it has killed over 65,000 people since October 2023, as well as Israeli attacks against other regional states, with Muslim nations demanding the world hold Tel Aviv accountable.
While Pakistani Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif this week voiced his support for Trump’s roadmap, Dar told parliament on Friday that changes were made to the draft presented to the US officials by the eight Muslim nations, following consultations among them.
“I have made it clear that these 20 points which Trump has made public are not ours. These are not the same as ours. I say that some changes have been made in it, in the draft we had,” he said.













