GENEVA: The World Health Organization chief warned on Thursday that Israel’s ground offensive in northern Gaza had left already overwhelmed hospitals on the “brink of collapse” and demanded an “end to these inhumane conditions.”
“The military incursion and evacuation orders in northern Gaza are driving new waves of displacement, forcing traumatized families into an ever-shrinking area unfit for human dignity,” Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said on X, warning that “hospitals, already overwhelmed, are on the brink of collapse as escalating violence blocks access and prevents WHO from delivering lifesaving supplies.”
Gaza City’s Al-Shifa Hospital said it had received the bodies of 20 people killed in Israeli strikes since midnight.
More than 60 people had been killed by Israeli fire on Wednesday, according to Gaza’s civil defense agency.
Also on Thursday, Spain said it will probe “human rights violations in Gaza” to assist the International Criminal Court, which has sought arrest warrants for top Israeli officials over alleged war crimes.







