Islamabad says has filled 179,210 Hajj slots for 2026 after this year’s shortfall
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan has filled its entire quota of 179,210 Hajj pilgrims under both the government and private schemes, the religious affairs minister said on Thursday, disclosing that negotiations are underway with Saudi companies to finalize transport and accommodation arrangements.
Similar to last year, Pakistan has been allocated a quota of 179,210 pilgrims for Hajj 2026. Out of these, around 120,000 seats have been allocated under the government scheme and the rest to private tour operators.
“We have now completed the Hajj applications with the entire quota utilized and the first installment of dues also submitted,” Religious Affairs Minister Sardar Muhammad Yousuf told Arab News.
The minister was speaking to Arab News at the sidelines of a pre-launch event for a Hajj and Umrah exhibition in Islamabad, which will take place from Oct. 24-26 in Islamabad.






