President Donald Trump announced in a Truth Social post late Saturday that the United States has launched strikes on three Iranian nuclear sites — inserting itself into Israel’s war against the country in a move that risks a wider war involving major global powers.In an address to the nation that lasted less than four minutes, the president gave virtually no explanation or rationale for striking the Fordo, Natanz and Esfahan nuclear sites. He also vaguely suggested deescalation, but declined to say how.“Iran, the bully of the Middle East, must now make peace,” Trump said. “If they do not, future attacks would be far greater and a lot easier.”For two decades, HuffPost has been fearless, unflinching and relentless in pursuit of the truth. Support our mission to keep us around for the next 20 — we can’t do this without you.The president drew bipartisan backlash for approving the strikes without congressional authorization, with some Democrats even calling for his impeachment. Some lawmakers have called for a vote under the War Powers Act, which limits military action without congressional approval.Countries around the world are calling for diplomacy following the attack, but Iran’s foreign minister said the U.S. “crossed a very big red line” that has erased the possibility of diplomatic talks.Read our previous coverage here, and see the latest politics updates below:Harvard, Trump Back In Talks To End Feud: NYTHarvard University and Donald Trump's administration have reportedly restarted discussions to end a months-long feud, one that's seen the president target the university with funding cuts as well as attempt to bar the institution from hosting international students, The New York Times reported Friday.The talks sparked back up following a meeting at the White House where Harvard officials laid out efforts the Ivy League university has made to take on "antisemitism, viewpoint diversity and admissions," per the Times.The feud began back in April after Harvard refused to bend the knee to Trump’s funding demands — made under the pretexts of combatting antisemitism, transgender rights along with diversity, equity and inclusion efforts.The White House, in response, pointed to other ways it'd like to see the university address such topics and expanded on its hopes in a letter to Harvard.It's not clear how close the two sides are to an agreement, however, at least two sources with knowledge of the talks told the Times that its "highly unlikely" they'd reach a deal in the week ahead.The report arrives just hours after Trump, in a post to his Truth Social platform, wrote that his administration has been working "very closely" with Harvard and that a "deal will be announced over the next week or so."Earlier in the day, a federal judge blocked the administration's efforts to keep the university from hosting foreign students, marking another victory in its challenges to the federal government.See All UpdatesClose