Israel continued its airstrikes on Iran for a second consecutive day Saturday, with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu vowing to escalate the campaign, as Tehran suspended nuclear negotiations that the U.S. had promoted as the only path to deescalation.
A day after Israel wiped out the top echelon of Iran's military command with a surprise attack on its old foe, it appeared to have hit Iran's oil and gas industry for the first time, with Iranian state media reporting a blaze at a gas field.
Netanyahu said Israel's strikes had set back Iran's nuclear program possibly by years and rejected international calls for restraint.
"We will hit every site and every target of the Ayatollahs' regime, and what they have felt so far is nothing compared with what they will be handed in the coming days," he said in a video message.
In Tehran, Iranian authorities said around 60 people, including 29 children, were killed in an attack on a housing complex, with more strikes reported across the country. Israel said it had attacked more than 150 targets.












