Protestors rally in Los Angeles amid enforcement raids by U.S. Immigrations and Customs Enforcement agents. Photo by Caroline Brehman/ EPA-EFE.
June 15 (UPI) -- Mayor Karen Bass said Sunday that Los Angeles does not need National Guard troops to bolster city police amid protests against raids by Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents, despite the gatherings turning violent in recent days.
"We don't want them here," Bass said on CNN's State of the Union. "They don't need to be here. Our local law enforcement have complete control of this situation."
President Donald Trump deployed thousands of U.S. National Guard soldiers to Los Angeles to assist ICE with immigration raids of locations that were suspected of employing or harboring undocumented migrants.
Last week, U.S. District Court Judge Charles Breyer ruled that Trump must return control of the situation to the Los Angeles Police Department, and that Trump's deployment of the troops was unconstitutional.















