By LETTICE BROMOVSKY, NEWS REPORTER Published: 14:16 BST, 6 June 2025 | Updated: 14:32 BST, 6 June 2025 27 shares

Three foreign nationals accused of a string of arson attacks on properties and a car linked to Prime Minister Sir Keir Starmer will stand trial next April, a court heard today.Aspiring model Stanislav Carpiuc, 26, and roofer Roman Lavrynovych, 21, appeared at the Old Bailey via video link from HMP Belmarsh wearing grey prison tracksuits, as details of the disturbing incidents were laid out.Petro Pochynok, 34, also charged in connection with the attacks, refused to leave his cell for the hearing.The alleged arson campaign included three fires across London last month, targeting addresses connected to Prime Minister Sir Keir Starmer including one where he had lived during the 1990s and another which he only vacated earlier this year before moving into Downing Street.In the early hours of May 12, a fire was started at a Kentish Town property where Sir Keir had lived with his family. Just four days earlier, on May 8, a Toyota Rav 4, which had once belonged to Sir Keir before he sold it to a neighbour, was torched on the same street.A separate blaze was set on May 11 at the front door of a converted house in Islington, where the Labour leader had lived in his early career. One person had to be rescued by firefighters after that attack. Stanislav Carpiuc, 26, has been charged with conspiring with 'others unknown' over the arsons Lavrynovych, of Sydenham, south-east London has been charged with three counts of arson with intent to endanger lifeUkrainian national Lavrynovych, from Lewisham, has been charged with three counts of arson with intent to endanger life relating to each of the incidents.Carpiuc, a Romanian national from Romford, east London, and fellow Ukrainian Pochynok, of Islington, are each accused of one count of conspiracy to commit arson with intent to endanger life between April 17 and May 13.Lavrynovych is said to have bought fuel from B&Q in the days leading up to the attacks, allegedly using it to set the fires.Carpiuc, who had posted on a modelling website that he wants to be the 'top male model in the world,' previously studied business at Canterbury Christ Church University and was awaiting his results. He had been working in construction since finishing his course in January.Ms Justice Cheema Grubb told the court the case would next be heard on October 17 for a plea and trial preparation hearing.She also confirmed that a provisional trial date has been set for April 27 next year before a High Court judge at the Old Bailey.All three men have been remanded in custody.Meanwhile, a fourth man, aged 48, was arrested at Stansted Airport on Monday on suspicion of conspiracy to commit arson with intent to endanger life in connection with the attacks. He has since been released on bail pending further enquiries, the Metropolitan Police confirmed. The hybrid vehicle was left completely wrecked by the blaze after Starmer sold it to a neighbour Sir Keir and his wife, Victoria, were previously seen clapping for the NHS from outside the home in London, during the height pandemic in May, 2020Pictured is a police cordon on the street where one of Sir Keir Starmer's homes caught fire A number of forensics officers wearing blue and white overalls were seen in the street todayThe PM branded the arson attacks which targeted him as 'an attack on all of us, on democracy and the values that we stand for'.While Conservative leader Kemi Badenoch condemned the attacks as 'completely unacceptable'. Sir Keir has let his £2million private home in the Kentish Town area of north London to his sister-in-law on a peppercorn rent since he moved into 10 Downing Street following his general election victory.